As a mother to a two-and-a-half year old, I have started shopping for my daughter’s Eid gifts - I’ll get her two or three nice presents to keep the excitement of Eid alive that morning. Similarly, because I have so many cousins and a brother with kids a similar age to mine, I have other children under the age of five to shop for as well. I came up with a list of toys that won’t break the bank, and won’t overwhelm the parents with “too many toys” and I thought that other moms might benefit from this list as well.
Everything here is under $30 (and as low as $3!). For the close cousins, I’m going to give actual gifts for the kids, but I’ll admit that for distant friends I’m giving money and will use any selection of pretty Eidy envelopes available on the internet to gift them, while including placing a few $5 bills, balloons, and allergy safe candies in our J+M pillow boxes.
Here are my suggested Eid gifts for this age range:
Alif baa taa - Arabic alphabet learning book - Who doesn’t love books for gifts? A great way to learn your Arabic alphabet, and to get them a head start on reading Arabic letters. Not your moulana's Arabic book, that's for sure.
- IKEA stacking cups - at $2.97, you cannot go wrong with this set! It'll keep little ones busy for hours.... OK, minutes.
- Wooden puzzles, like this set from Melissa and Doug on Amazon or this bigger set Wooden puzzle kit- wooden puzzles keep my daughter excited and learning, so we love these puzzles. We can never have enough!!
- Fisher Price Basketball hoop - a great toy to establish hand-eye coordination, and with summer coming up, we anticipate spending loads of time outdoors.
- STEM magnetic toy set - amazing way to introduce STEM to young children -- this is at the top of our wish list
- Arabic feeding set by LIla & Tiny - a kids gotta eat, and this beautiful set helps teach Arabic in a modern style (you can purchase this from With a Spin in the USA, helping to avoid hefty UK shipping fees).
- Kids Doctor kit - making learning fun! With so many doctors in the family, what’s with inspiring one more?
- Bubble machine - what child doesn’t love bubbles? And what parent enjoys blowing them all afternoon long? An automatic bubble machine will keep the outdoor fun going long after mommy and daddy sit down for a cup of tea.
For the gifts that I’ll be giving to local children, I’ll use gift wrap from Honey Lemon Events, since they come in playful designs that are very child-friendly. One sheet has wrapped four Alif Baa Taa books -- so it's quite generous!
What are your favorite things to give on Eid? What do you think of our above list?
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. Please understand that I have experienced all of these companies, and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something through my links. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.