July 12, 2019 3 min read 6 Comments
Hey Mamas I’m back!
I’m so excited to share my favorite picks for the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. Ever since I was first pregnant with Alayna in the summer of 2015, I knew the Anniversary Sale was THE sale I needed to shop for baby gear. I got our Ergobaby 360 at this sale, our strollers, and our carseats. Now that I’m a mom of two, I shop this sale for gifts and more. The sale does sell out, so you want to shop fast. I have a Norstrom card, so I always shop early to get what I need (early access starts today, July 12) - but the public can begin shopping July 19. Some of the big ticket items do sell out, but, not all!
Here are my top picks -
1. Stroller - Last year, I got our City Select Lux stroller at the sale. We needed a double stroller since we’d just had Mila. I don’t see it on sale this year, but this is always a good buy (we saved $200 last year!)
2. If you need only a single stroller, my family has used a Nuna Mixx for over three years now (wow!) and we love it! It’s on sale for $499, down from $699. I especially love how easy this stroller is to fold and how it lays pretty much completely flat. It also works with a ton of different car seats - we use the Nuna Pipa with it. It really doesn't get down in price further than this, so act fast
3. Nuna Pipa car seat - we love our Nuna Pipa car seat and have used the same one for both our babies. It’s one of the best since you can use it safely with our without the base (although the leg that the base has makes it very secure). It’s on sale for $314 (regular price $419), so while not at all inexpensive, it’s a great safe seat. It’s also one of the lightest on the market, which is not something you should overlook when shopping for baby! The "dream drape" or built-in cover keeps out prying eyes and helps baby snooze in a quiet atmosphere.
4. If you want a car seat for an older tot, the Maxi Cosi convertible seatis always a good deal the sale at just $260 - you can use this for infants, too. We have two of these for our older toddler (one in each car) and will likely need to get a new Maxi Cosi for our younger daughter. These work until children weigh 120 lbs - whaaa? I mean, most of the time by then, they’re out, but that’s a realllllly generous weight!
5. Little Giraffe Hooded Towel: I am obsessed with Little Giraffe, and their hooded towel makes such a sweet gift. As a matter of fact, we still use the towel I purchased for Alayna back in 2015 today! It’s a favorite. $31.90 down from $49
6. Baby Blankets:
--I love The Little Giraffe blankets for gifts and for baby coming home - we brought our older daughter home with this super soft blanket over her car seat. I have this one in pink polka dot and also in solid grey. The pink polka dot is down from $94 to $64 at the sale. These are SO soft.
--For a little less money, you can get the Barefoot Dreams cozy chic blankets. These are sooo soft and so cute.
7. Shoes: The sale has a ton of shoes on sale, and I always pick up a pair of Melissas for my older daughter since they smell like candy and are so comfy. These are $39.90, down from $65!
You can also get your pick of tennis shoes - great for back to school. Or, if you live in a place where you’ll get lots of rain, the Hunter Rain boots for kids are on sale for just $39 down from $60!
I feel like Nordstrom usually has more items after the sale opens publicly, or, in store - so be sure to pop in and check it out!